Epilepsy Foundation

I have epilepsy. One time when I was given a flu shot, it put me in intensive care with 106.7 fever,  seizures. My fever was not controlled by meds, they had to use ice. I never get a flu shot, pneumonia, etc.. I am a man, and was interested in the HVP vaccine (it is also for males, but does not use the brand name Gardesil). The HPV shot helps prevent oral cancer in both men and women (FYI - The greatest cause of oral cancer is from oral sex. I am not trying to gross anyone out, but that has been the research). Males who have not had contact with the HPV viri should be, doctors say, getting the HPV shot. I had read (many websites) that the HPV vaccine causes seizures in girls, and triggers epilepsy.

What I don't know is this (epilepsy from the HPV vaccine) an actual concern or is it a part of a statistic that all vaccines trigger some seizures in the general population? For some reason, vaccines (all vaccines) trigger additional seizures and also cause some people to have epilepsy. That is not good, of course, but it would mean that it is not unusual for vaccinations in general. The flu vaccine causes seizures in people who do not have seizure disorders in any given population. That is not a reason for everyone to avoid getting a flu shot, most of the time it protects people from the flu.

So, is the HPV shot a significant risk that all people with epilepsy should avoid it? 

Views: 534

Replies to This Discussion

I believe everyone should avoid that vaccine. I wouldn't give it to my healthy Daughter and certainly wouldn't give it to a child with Epilepsy. Look up Post-Gardasil Syndrome, and research the horrible effects of that shot....

Thank you! I did not know about Post Gardasil Syndrome. I wonder if what I had experienced when I had been given the flu shot (which almost killed me) was in any way similar to PGS. I am not a member of any "Don't give children immunizations" 'club', but I had a near fatal reaction to a flu shot. Millions of flu shots had been given, and most of those protect people from the flu. I am a statistic to the bean counters, but I do not plan on becoming a statistic again. More parents should know about this.

prayeroffaith4u said:

I believe everyone should avoid that vaccine. I wouldn't give it to my healthy Daughter and certainly wouldn't give it to a child with Epilepsy. Look up Post-Gardasil Syndrome, and research the horrible effects of that shot....

RSS

Terms of Service Update 6/4/2012

We have updated our Terms of Service for eCommunities Groups.

© 2014   Created by EF Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service