Epilepsy Foundation

I have absence and complex partial seizures and mine mostly come on when I have low blood sugar level so I have to eat protein a lot is fear common to have when a seizure is about to come on like is fear an Aura kind of for a seizure during those kinds? sometimes before i'm about to have a seizure fear is what comes up so I was just curious if fear is a common thing to have before a seizure comes on.

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey :)
I had complex partial seizures and I had the aura feeling too. When ever I got the aura feeling I would feel fear because I know I couldn't do anything about it. But I think it depends on the person, fear may come to some people but it may not. For me it did when I got the auras before my seizure. 
-Casey :)

thank you.

Casey Triolo said:

Hey :)
I had complex partial seizures and I had the aura feeling too. When ever I got the aura feeling I would feel fear because I know I couldn't do anything about it. But I think it depends on the person, fear may come to some people but it may not. For me it did when I got the auras before my seizure. 
-Casey :)

I have complex partials and my aura is a fear feeling. The fear feeling continues during my complex partial seizures.

Hi Riah,

I've had absence and complex partial sz. for over 40 yrs.  Before the complex partial sz. I start to have a aura (simple partial) sz. where I see colors flashing back and forth in my eyes and I get a nervous feeling in my stomach sometimes I will smell weird odors like deviled eggs, or gas after all this happens I will blank out and sometimes wander around the house or work not realizing that I'm doing this and when I come out of the sz. I'm a little confused for a few seconds until I realize I had the sz.  One thing that I have been doing for yrs. that helps a lot is the moment I get an aura sz. I tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists by doing this it has stopped both the complex partial or absence sz. many times.  I do know that since I started taking vimpat it has greatly decreased my complex partial sz. Last yr. I only had 7 of those sz. for the entire yr. that's the lowest it's been since I can ever remember. Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue 

thanks

Suzanne Porter said:

Hi Riah,

I've had absence and complex partial sz. for over 40 yrs.  Before the complex partial sz. I start to have a aura (simple partial) sz. where I see colors flashing back and forth in my eyes and I get a nervous feeling in my stomach sometimes I will smell weird odors like deviled eggs, or gas after all this happens I will blank out and sometimes wander around the house or work not realizing that I'm doing this and when I come out of the sz. I'm a little confused for a few seconds until I realize I had the sz.  One thing that I have been doing for yrs. that helps a lot is the moment I get an aura sz. I tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists by doing this it has stopped both the complex partial or absence sz. many times.  I do know that since I started taking vimpat it has greatly decreased my complex partial sz. Last yr. I only had 7 of those sz. for the entire yr. that's the it's been since I can ever remember. Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue 

Suzanne,

You said you only had 7 complex partial seizures last year, which is great. Do you know how many you stopped from occurring?

Hi Monica,

Last yr. I had 10 complex partial sz. but not only has the vimpat decreased my complex partial sz. it has greatly decreased my absence sz. also.  So far this yr. I've had 10 or more fewer sz. than last yr. at this time.  What was wicked is when I was on Keppra this drug caused me to have 256 sz. in one yr.  it was the largest amount of sz. I ever had since I had brain surgery 20 yrs. ago.  Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue  

Monica Bernstein said:

Suzanne,

You said you only had 7 complex partial seizures last year, which is great. Do you know how many you stopped from occurring?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Terms of Service Update 6/4/2012

We have updated our Terms of Service for eCommunities Groups.

Events

July 2014
SMTWTFS

© 2014   Created by EF Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service