Epilepsy Foundation

I wanted to post this because I have had the pleasure of having the help from someone that was pretty knowledgeable in 504 Plans. This does not cover everything for everyone, but it did give me some ideas on what I should be thinking of. You will still need to add or delete what applies to your child, but it helped address some issues that I had not thought of. Hope this is useful.

Tags: 504, 504 Plan

Views: 2155

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you!! It is very helpful!!
No problem! Your daughter is a adorable. I am new to this forum, I wasn't sure if it was okay for me to post this but thought I would do it because I know that I was grateful for the information. Best!
Ditto! A couple of months ago I was new as well. I have learned a lot on this site & got great advice. All the best to your family!

Regards,
Michele
My son is beyond school age but this is terrific! I'm sure it will benefit many--thanks for sharing!

peace~

Angie, this is an excellent example of a 504 Plan. Thank you for sharing. I will be printing it to refer to when we review my DDs 504 next year. Thanks, again.
Is there anyway you can repost this? I cant open anything thats a docx.

Thanks!
Rose
Since Angie hasn't been back I opted to try to do this for you.
I saved it as a pdf file.
Let me know if it works for you. If not, let us know how you want it saved so that you can open it.

peace~
Attachments:
Sorry about that, I was gone yesterday. Here it is in a Word Doc. Hope it helps!
Attachments:
Thank You for posting this template. I am grateful because I will start one with my son's school this year.
Susana Munoz
Not a problem, it was very useful in my meeting with the school! Good Luck!

Susana Munoz said:
Thank You for posting this template. I am grateful because I will start one with my son's school this year.
Susana Munoz

Wow, this is great!

My 9 yr old son was diagnosed with absence/tonic-clonic seizures just a month ago. I have worried about his schoolwork because of the days he has missed, let alone the time spent in the absence seizures. Just yesterday I talked to one of his teachers who wasn't aware of the staring seizures, only the tonic-clonic. I explained what they looked like and to ask if he was awre of what they were doing in class more often. I know I have to do more to be proactive for everyone.

This looks amazing and I am SO glad you shared this! I felt like I was wandering alone in something I had no experience with. It has been hard to teach the educators when it is so new to myself. I will print this out and talk to his doctor. This way we will all feel a lot better! Thank you so much!

I am so blessed to have a Step Mom who is a Disability Judge in Alaska, and advocate for people with all sorts of disabilities. She is basically the one who re-wrote the 504 Plan for my daughter. I understand what you are going through, it is so scary along with overwhelming in trying to make sure you are doing everything you can to make sure your son gets what he needs in school. You are your sons best advocate, and while doctors try to be as helpful as they can, sometimes you are the one who will have to do the work.

Hang in there, it gets better, if I can give you some hope, my daughter was 9 when she had her first seizure, which was almost 45 minutes. She had about 45 tonic clonic seizures in a 6 month period. She is 12 today, and now that we have figured out what meds work for her, and dosage, she has been seizure free for about 1 1/2 years. It is scary and I know as a mother, feels like you can't leave their side, but it does get better, and you will get some peace and serenity in your life again.

Best wishes and have a wonderful holiday!

Angie

A. Chafin said:

Wow, this is great!

My 9 yr old son was diagnosed with absence/tonic-clonic seizures just a month ago. I have worried about his schoolwork because of the days he has missed, let alone the time spent in the absence seizures. Just yesterday I talked to one of his teachers who wasn't aware of the staring seizures, only the tonic-clonic. I explained what they looked like and to ask if he was awre of what they were doing in class more often. I know I have to do more to be proactive for everyone.

This looks amazing and I am SO glad you shared this! I felt like I was wandering alone in something I had no experience with. It has been hard to teach the educators when it is so new to myself. I will print this out and talk to his doctor. This way we will all feel a lot better! Thank you so much!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Terms of Service Update 6/4/2012

We have updated our Terms of Service for eCommunities Groups.

Events

November 2014
SMTWTFS

© 2014   Created by EF Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service